BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Sept. 11, 2022 - PRLog -- The Transplantation Society (TTS) will be holding the 29th International Congress of the Transplantation Society (TTS2022) in Buenos Aires, Argentina from September 10 to 14, 2022 with an expected participation of 3,000 transplant specialists from all over the world.
Within the theme of Access and Transparency, a wide and varied scientific agenda, with cutting-edge technologies, such as robotic surgery, artificial organ transplantation, xenotransplantation and ethical topics will be addressed.
The Plenary Program includes:
- Transplantation in a moving world: Migrants, refugees & organ trafficking - Dominique Martin
- Steps towards increasing deceased donation worldwide - Beatriz Dominguez-Gil
- Transplant sufficiency in an unequal world - Alvin E. Roth
- Antibody mediated rejection: from basic to clinic - Alexandre Loupy
- How to apply tolerance to clinical transplantation - Birgit S. Sawitzki
- How to apply artificial intelligence in transplantation - Atul Butte
- Transplant activity and pandemics: how to apply the lessons learned to patient care and research - Dorry Segev
- First heart xenotransplantation: a proof of concept for other organs - Muhammad M. Mohiuddin
- Bioartificial organs for transplantation - how far are we from clinical use? - Iris V. Rivero
Unique sessions have been developed for transplant recipients, living donors and relatives of donors to share their experiences and for medical students from around the world to engage with experts. Two meetings will be held with religious leaders, to learn about the position of different religions on organ transplantation. A message from Pope Francis on the importance of organ donation as an act of humanity and solidarity with others will be shared.
The final detailed program is available at: https://cm.tts2022.org/virtual/programme/2022-09-11
TTS2022 is organized by The Transplantation Society in collaboration with the Argentine Transplant Society (SAT) and the Latin American and Caribbean Transplant Society (STALyC).
"This is the first time the TTS Congress is being held in a Latin American country. Since its inception in 1966 in Paris, France, to Buenos Aires, often referred to as the Paris of the Southern hemisphere, Argentina with its significant contributions to the field, is a fitting destination for the 29th Congress of The Transplantation Society" noted TTS President and Congress Chair Marcelo Cantarovich.
About the venue: The Congress will take place at the Buenos Aires Convention Center (CEC). For more information, please visit www.cecbuenosaires.com.ar.
About The Transplantation Society:
The Transplantation Society (TTS) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) which serves as the principle international forum for the advancement and development of both the science and clinical practice of organ, tissue and cell transplantation throughout the world. Its mandate is fulfilled through a focus on development of science, clinical practice, scientific communication, continuing education and ethical guidance related to transplantation. TTS has 6,000 members from over 100 countries.
Marcelle McPhaden, Executive Director
The Transplantation Society
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - 29th International Congress of The Transplantation Society being held in Buenos Aires, Argentina from September 11 to 14 2022 | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog