Bio-ethanol Market Overview
The bio-ethanol market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period (2021-2026). During the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of ethanol sanitizers as disinfectants has increased thus, enhancing the market’s growth for bio-ethanol. In April 2020, BASF started producing hand sanitizers from bio-ethanol in Ludwigshafen. Also, the increasing demand for bio-ethanol blending in gasoline and increasing government initiatives to produce and use greener fuels, like bio-ethanol, are driving the market’s growth. The increasing consumption of biofuels like bio-ethanol in the aviation industry is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
Download free sample here – Bio-ethanol Market
Bio-ethanol Market - Geographical Overview
The United States is the largest producer and consumer of bio-ethanol
The United States is the largest producer of bioethanol worldwide, followed by Brazil, China, India, and Canada. Presently, the total production capacity of bioethanol from biorefineries of the United States is about 66.0 billion liters per year, and the capacity is going to increase in the coming years. In recent years, bio-ethanol production increased as a result of higher renewable fuel standard (RFS) targets and growth in domestic motor gasoline consumption, almost all of which is now blended with 10% ethanol by volume. The market demand for bio-ethanol has improved over the decade in the region, owing to factors such as rapid growth in corn-based bio-ethanol, advances in crop yields, biomass-to-ethanol conversion, and energy efficiency.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Bio-butanol Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
- Ethanolamines Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Key Highlights of the Bio-ethanol Market
- The bio-ethanol market is fragmented with several players operating in the market. Some of these major players include POET, LLC, Valero, ADM, Green Plains Inc., and Flint Hills Resources, among others.
- Automotive and transportation segment to drive the market growth. Bioethanol has mostly been used as a biofuel for transport, as it is blended with petrol at 5% and in some countries at a 10% level. In India, currently, 4% to 5% of ethanol is mixed with petrol. The government has been planning to achieve 10% ethanol blending with petrol by 2022 and 20% by 2030.
- In February 2020, TATA Projects, an Indian infrastructure company, has received an order from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited for its second-generation bioethanol project with a proposed production capacity of 100,000 liters per day in Odisha of India.
Related Reports and Links
- Methanol Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2021 - 2026)
- Bio-Alcohols Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
List of Key Players in the Bio-ethanol Market
- Alto Ingredients Inc.
- Attis Industries Inc.
- CropEnergies AG
- Ethanol Technologies
- Flint Hills Resources
- GranBio Investimentos SA
- Green Plains Inc.
- Henan Tianguan Group Co. Ltd
- Husky Energy Inc.
- Jilin Fuel Ethanol Co. Ltd
- POET LLC.
- SUNCOR Energy Inc.
- Tereos SA
- VERBIO Vereinigte BioEnergie AG
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global bio-ethanol market on the basis of feedstock type, application, and geography:
- Feedstock Type (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (million liters), 2016-2026)
- Other Feedstocks
- Application (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (million liters), 2016-2026)
- Automotive and Transportation
- Food and Beverage
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Other Applications (Power Generation and Fuel Cells)
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Volume (million liters), 2016-2026)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle-East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle-East and Africa
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008