Award winners will be honored October 3-6th during the IEDC 2021 Annual Conference.
WASHINGTON - Sept. 21, 2021 - PRLog -- The International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the largest nonprofit professional association for professional economic developers in the world, has announced the recipients of its 2021 Excellence Awards. Announced each year during the IEDC Annual Conference, the awards honor organizations for exemplary economic development marketing campaigns, projects, and programs.
IEDC's Excellence in Economic Development Awards recognize the world's best economic development programs and partnerships, marketing materials, and the year's most influential leaders. 25 award categories honor organizations and individuals for their efforts in creating positive change in urban, suburban, & rural communities.
"From localized community projects to large-scale endeavors, economic development efforts have played a vital role in the global economy. As we address new and longstanding challenges, these efforts continue to take on even greater importance. The awards serve as a salute to pacesetting organizations like these for leading the charge," said 2021 IEDC Board Chair & President and CEO of Invest Buffalo Niagara, Tom Kucharski.
"The local communities need our profession now more than in other years. This year's awardees exemplify ingenuity and leadership that will help communities build back now and in the future more resilient than before," added IEDC Awards Advisory Committee Chair Jane Jenkins.
Awards are judged by a diverse panel of economic and community developers from around the world, following a nomination process held earlier this year. In 2021, IEDC received over 500 submissions from four countries.
Excellence Award winners are recognized across several categories, including:
Promotional Awards. Recipients included:
- Choctaw Nation Regional Economic Development Partnership - 2019/20 Community Profile.
- Coachella Valley Economic Partnership - Fast Pitch Greater Palm Springs.
- Greater New Orleans, Inc. - Destination GNO.
Internet & Digital Media Awards. Recipients included:
- Greater Sacramento Economic Council - #NextOutWest Campaign.
- REDI Cincinnati - REDI Cincinnati Website Redesign.
- ElectriCities of N.C, Inc. - LinkedIn Advertising Campaign.
Program Awards. Recipients included:
- Greater Gallup Economic Development Corporation - GGEDC Business Retention & Expansion program saves McKinley Paper Company.
- The City of Norfolk Department of Economic Development - Norfolk Works.
- City of Hayward Economic Development - Small Businesses Assistance Grants - Growing our Minority Business Community.
Partnership Awards. Recipients included:
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation - BLOCK600.
- Lake County Partners - The Lake County Workforce Ecosystem & Lake County Partners Website.
- One Acadiana and Acadiana Planning Commission - Invest Acadiana.
International Economic Development Council
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - IEDC Recognizes Economic Development Organizations for Excellence in the Field | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog