SAN DIEGO - Aug. 14, 2021 - PRLog -- Mainly Mozart is pleased to announce the 2021 September All-Star Orchestra program at the Del Mar Surf Cup Sports Park September 11-18, 2021. The series kicks off with a special event, A Path Forward Benefit Concert commemorating the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 in collaboration with the National Conflict Resolution Center. This extraordinary evening features legendary saxophonist Branford Marsalis. The September series brings together members of prestigious orchestras, presenting well-known works from Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and more.
Conducting the series is David Chan, a native of San Diego, and one of today's most sought after artists as both a violinist and conductor. Currently, the concertmaster of the MET, David will be directing talent from the world's leading orchestras, from the Cleveland Orchestra to the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra to the internationally renowned Toronto Symphony Orchestra. The Mainly Mozart's September All-Star Orchestra program will feature the following:
A Path Forward Benefit Concert: Commemorating the 20th anniversary of 9/11 – Saturday, September 11, 2021 @ 7:30pm PST
- Featuring world-renowned saxophonist, Branford Marsalis
- Benefitting the National Conflict Resolution Center
- George Walker: Lyric for Strings
- Fauré: Sicilienne from Pelléas et Mélisande
- Peter Lieberson: "Amor mío, si muero y tú no mueres" from Neruda Songs
- Iturralde: Pequeña Czardas
- Tchaikovsky: Suite No. 4 in G Major "Mozartiana"
A Taste of Paris – Saturday, September 12, 2021 @ 7:30pm PST
- Fauré: Masques et Bergamasques
- Saint-Saëns: Havanaise
- Mozart: Symphony No. 31 in D Major "Paris"
- Ravel: Tzigane
Hayden & Mozart– Tuesday, September 14, 2021 @ 7:30pm PST
- Haydn: Sinfonia concertante in B-flat Major
- William Grant Still: Mother and Child
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 in G Major
- Saint-Saëns: Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
Four Horns – Friday, September 17, 2021 @ 7:30pm PST
- Schumann: Konzertstück for 4 Horns
- Elgar: Introduction and Allegro for Strings
- Mozart: Symphony No. 35 in D Major "Haffner"
Closing Night at the Opera – Saturday, September 18, 2021 @ 7:30pm PST
- Mozart: Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio
- Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits from Orfeo ed Euridice
- Bottesini: Elegy in D Major
- Weber: Concertino for Clarinet in E-flat Major
- Weber: Overture to Oberon
- Mascagni: Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana
- Massenet: Méditation from Thaïs
- Rossini: Overture to William Tell
Opening night begins with a beautiful tribute featuring three-time Grammy Award® winning artist and legendary saxophonist Branford Marsalis to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 as this show will benefit the National Conflict Resolution Center. Tickets for the benefit are currently available online and start at $75 for a pod of 4 people to $500 for a VIP table for four.
"We are excited to showcase performances from the orchestral brilliance of the top musicians from the New York Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, LA Philharmonic, and dozens more," said CEO Nancy Laturno. "We are honored to work with the National Conflict Resolution Center to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 and pay tribute to its victims with this special event.
We hope that this opening night event encourages courage, communion and compassion through the power of live music."Seating will be located on the grass area with VIP table seating for four and "pod style" seating for households of up to four people at the Del Mar Surf Sports Park, formerly known as the San Diego Polo Fields. Tickets for the other remaining start at $49/pod in section B and $120/pod in section A; $300/two VIP Seats; and $500/VIP Table, which includes a charcuterie plate, bottle of sparkling wine, and your choice of sparkling or still water.).
For more information on the Mainly Mozart All-Star Orchestra Festival or to purchase tickets, please visit https://www.mainlymozart.org/
About Mainly Mozart
For over 30 years, Mainly Mozart has been home to the largest gathering of Concertmasters and Principal Players in the North America. The famed Mainly Mozart All Star Orchestra boasts top level players from the world's greatest orchestras including the New York Philharmonic, Cleveland Orchestra, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, Israel Philharmonic and dozens more.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Mainly Mozart Announces the September 2021 All-Star Orchestra Program | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog