- Brain injuries affect all aspects of society, from recreational youth athletics to military trauma interventions
- Despite the commonality of brain concussion injuries — more than 5 million a year in the United States alone — no FDA-approved therapy exists
- Medical technology innovator Odyssey Health Inc. is working toward a commercialized product treatment solution to the unmet need of concussion injuries
- Odyssey’s product for treating brain concussion has recently completed a series of human and animal safety trials and is now being prepped for Phase II/III trials focused on proving efficacy
- The product administers neurosteroids across the blood-brain barrier to stop brain swelling following a head injury and is simple enough to be carried in a user’s pockets
- Odyssey formed a pharmaceutical subsidiary to help the company’s push toward product commercialization, and recently announced the expansion of the subsidiary’s executive team to add needed experience
Within the medical community, the tide has turned for individuals treated for physical injuries whose correlate mental deficits were previously largely undetected, undiagnosed, and untreated. Traumatic brain injuries resulting from causes as diverse as playing sports to dealing with explosives are increasingly being recognized as a health hazard that can have serious, though often unrecognized, long-term effects.
Nevada-based medical technology solutions innovator Odyssey Health (OTC: ODYY) is helping to lead the search for pharmaceutical solutions for brain injuries that may remain hidden while more apparent bodily wounds are being treated, and recent additions to its executive team demonstrate the company’s…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to ODYY are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/ODYY
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to millions of social media followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
San Francisco, California
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.